The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. In 2020, ODM introduced a new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program — one that strengthens Ohio’s future and ensures everyone has the chance to live life to its full potential.
Today, more than 90 percent of Ohio Medicaid members are supported by managed care organizations. During the year ahead, ODM will begin implementing a new vision for care; focusing on the individual, a strong partnership among MCOs and the department, and supporting specialization in addressing critical needs.
A program that puts the individual first
Adopting Governor DeWine’s philosophy of service to Ohioans, ODM embarked on an aggressive effort to redesign its managed care program. The goal is to provide more personal, holistic care and supports for millions of Ohioans served by Medicaid. Listening to feedback from more than 1,100 individuals and organizations we identified five procurement goals that would put the individual front and center of Medicaid’s program and policy decisions.
- Emphasize a personalized care experience
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs
- Improve wellness and health outcomes
- Support providers in better patient care
- Increase program transparency and accountability
UNLESS REQUIRED BY LEGISLATION OR UNION CONTRACT, STARTING SALARY WILL BE SET AT STEP 1 OF THE PAY RANGE
Classification: Public Information Officer 2 (PN 20098931)
ODM is seeking a Content Writer who will showcase the agency’s programs, policies, services, supports, and strategic initiatives during a time of re-invention. This position must embrace change and promote transparency to keep stakeholders informed on multiple ODM initiatives through engaging print and digital content. As ODM’s Content Writer, your responsibilities will include:
- planning and administering ODM’s overall public information program, specifically content writing
- developing content that accurately reflects ODM’s core values and priorities and targets specific audiences (e.g., employees, stakeholders, providers, legislators, strategic partners, the media, and the public at large)
- supporting a strong social media presence by assisting with the social media content plan and making strategy suggestions
- assisting and consulting with Communication’s leadership in development and/or coordination of communications
- collaborating with a communications and legislative team which includes a graphics designer, press secretary, legislative liaisons, and the Deputy Director of External Relations
- collaborating with subject matter experts, deputy directors, and area leads to identify story ideas and ensuring timely delivery of written/digital materials
The ideal candidate will have strong content writing experience and a proven ability to champion the agency’s mission and vision across a variety of audiences and situations.
Completion of undergraduate core program in journalism or communication; 12 mos. exp. in public multi-media techniques & relations in field of journalism or communication; valid driver’s license.
- Or 36 mos. exp. in field of journalism or communication dealing in public multi-media techniques & relations, public speaking, news writing, reporting & editing or technical report translation & communication dealing in public meetings; valid driver’s license.
- Or 12 mos. exp. as Public Information Officer 1, 64421; valid driver’s license.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County-Columbus
Ohio Department of Medicaid
Bargaining Unit / Exempt
8:00AM – 5:00PM
May 17, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Agency Contact Information
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/content-writer-public-information-officer-2-at-ohio-department-of-medicaid-2515376997/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic