The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. In 2020, ODM introduced a new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program — one that strengthens Ohio’s future and ensures everyone has the chance to live life to its full potential.
Today, more than 90 percent of Ohio Medicaid members are supported by managed care organizations. During the year ahead, ODM will begin implementing a new vision for care; focusing on the individual, a strong partnership among MCOs and the department, and supporting specialization in addressing critical needs.
A program that puts the individual first
Adopting Governor DeWine’s philosophy of service to Ohioans, ODM embarked on an aggressive effort to redesign its managed care program. The goal is to provide more personal, holistic care and supports for millions of Ohioans served by Medicaid. Listening to feedback from more than 1,100 individuals and organizations we identified five procurement goals that would put the individual front and center of Medicaid’s program and policy decisions.
- Emphasize a personalized care experience,
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs,
- Improve wellness and health outcomes,
- Support providers in better patient care and
- Increase program transparency and accountability.
Unless required by legislation or union contract, starting salary will be set at step 1 of the pay range.
Office: Health Innovation & Quality
Bureau: Clinical Operations
Classification: Medicaid Health Systems Administrator 1 (PN 20047533)
The Compliance and Safety Check unit consists of field staff who are headquartered in various locations throughout Ohio. The field staff conducts compliance and safety check surveys of Ohio’s Medicaid consumers receiving Medicaid program services administered by other state agencies, and Medicaid-contracted managed care plans. Many of these compliance and safety check surveys occur in the consumer’s home.
As the Compliance and Safety Check Supervisor in the Office of Health Innovation & Quality, Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM), your responsibilities will include
- Standard supervisory activities establish unit goals, assign work, provide direction, review work, provide feedback, encourage staff development, etc.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance
- Conducting staff meetings
- Approving/denying leave requests
- Recommending applicants to hire
- Recommending discipline
- Traveling to monitor the staff/unit’s review process and ensure timely completion of assignments
- Collaborating with other Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) units, sections, and bureaus to develop and coordinate compliance and safety reviews for ODM waivers, state plan and other quality initiatives.
- Serving on various committees relevant to ODM’s oversight activities and quality initiatives
Completion of graduate core program in business, management or public administration, public health, health administration, social or behavioral science or public finance; 12 mos. exp. in the delivery of a health services program or health services project management (e.g., health care data analysis, health services contract management, health care market & financial expertise; health services program communication; health services budget development, HMO & hospital rate development, health services eligibility, health services data base analysis).
Or 12 months experience as a Medicaid Health Systems Specialist, 65293.
Note: education & experience is to be commensurate with approved position description on file.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County-Columbus
Ohio Department of Medicaid
Bargaining Unit / Exempt
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Manager / Supervisor
Agency Contact Information
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/compliance-and-safety-check-supervisor-medicaid-health-systems-administrator-1-at-ohio-department-of-medicaid-2732482608/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic