COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Across UPMC, our guiding principle is to always prioritize the safety of our employees, patients, and members. UPMC believes that vaccination is important, helps protect all, and advocates that everyone who can be vaccinated should be vaccinated.
UPMC complies with all governmental requirements related to local, state, and federal COVID-19 vaccination for employment. The Jan. 13 Supreme Court of the United States decision that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate will move forward requires UPMC to ensure employees either get vaccinated or receive a requested medical or religious exemption.
If you are not yet vaccinated, we urge you to get a vaccine now. You can schedule your COVID-19 vaccination through UPMC or visit a non-UPMC provider or UPMC Urgent Care location.
Proof of vaccination is not required upon hire; however, employees will be responsible for ensuring post-hire compliance by getting vaccinated or requesting a medical or religious exemption.
For more information about UPMC’s response to COVID-19, please visit UPMC.com/coronavirus.
Search Our Jobs
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
- Job ID: 264844850
- Status: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
UPMC Health Plan
- Department: CHC Claims Operation
1650 Metropolitan Street, Pittsburgh PA 15233
- Union Position: No
- Salary Range: $16.85 to $26.49 / hour
UPMC Health Plan is hiring full-time Claims Examiners for our CHC department. In this position, you will
manage adjudication of moderate to complex claims while meeting or exceeding production and quality designated standards.
Our objective is to try to give members a better quality of life and studies have shown that people generally do better if they’re able to stay in their homes and communities.
This position is fully remote. (privilege eligibility is subject to continued achievement of business goals and on-site department needs).
- Participate in training programs as available/requested;
- Assist other departments during periods of backlogs;
- Openly participate in team meetings, provide ideas and suggestions to ensure client satisfaction, and promote teamwork;
- Process MCNet/Batch Edit errors in accordance with designated standards;
- Maintain employee/insured confidentiality;
- Work overtime as required per business need
- Identify areas of concern that may compromise client satisfaction;
- Maintain mail date integrity;
- Process standard to moderate claims, including COB, in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner while meeting or exceeding production and quality standards;
- Resolve outstanding holds in accordance with designated standards;
- Effectively prioritize and complete all assigned tasks
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of claims processing and/or equivalent education preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9, and CPT coding required.
- Knowledge of commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare products.Ability to use a QWERTY keyboard.
- Competent in MS Office and PC skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of COB (Coordination of Benefits) preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Maintain designated production and quality standards required.
- Previous computer experience in a professional setting is highly preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
We are aware of scams targeting UPMC and other large companies that involve individuals posing as employees to illegitimately conduct interviews and extend false employment offers and payments to gain access to candidates’ personal information. Please note that UPMC will not communicate with candidates through third-party email services like Gmail or Yahoo. While some interviews may take place via a video conferencing service, UPMC Talent Acquisition will not conduct interviews via Skype or Google Hangouts. UPMC will never ask for or disburse funds during the recruitment process. If you are hired into a role with a sign-on bonus or similar incentive, funds will be paid to you by UPMC after your start date.
If you suspect you have been a victim of a fraudulent UPMC job offer, please report the attempt using this form.