This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), Business Services Group (BSG), Division of Applications Design and Development (DADD).
As a IT Specialist (Systems Analysis), GS-2210-13, you will perform a wide variety of duties related to the design, development, and implementation of new and modernized IT systems in support of CMS programs.
Learn more about this agency
- Plans, coordinates, and performs systems design and development of a major IT functional area, which, may include providing direction to lower-level staff or contract personnel.
- Analyzes the validation of IT needs and requirements, including data, access needs and security, to design and develop appropriate systems designs, access methods and information security controls.
- Develops proposals to translate management objectives into advanced IT application systems.
- Develops and makes presentations on project status and technical issues pertinent to project and prepares other project related documentation such as project plans, schedules, budget documents, and statements of work.
- Reviews a variety of short, intermediate and long-range studies and projects to assure existing operational systems and methods provide the most effective and efficient manner of operation.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- Time-in-Grade restrictions apply.
ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
Your resume must include detailed information as it relates to the responsibilities and specialized experience for this position. Evidence of copying and pasting directly from the vacancy announcement without clearly documenting supplemental information to describe your experience will result in an ineligible rating. This will prevent you from receiving further consideration.
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientiously attends to detail.2. Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individual who uses or receives the services or products that your work or unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; and is committed to providing quality products and services.3. Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues; and responds appropriately.4. Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
– AND –
In order to qualify for the GS-13 , you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, to include:
1) Implementing Information Technology (IT) project plans related to system designs or updates;
2) Providing recommendations for improvements to IT systems; and
3) Ensuring that staff and contractors are compliant with IT project plans, policies, or procedures.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade: To be eligible, current Federal employees must have served at least 52 weeks (one year) at the next lower grade level from the position/grade level(s) to which they are applying.
Click the following link to view the occupational questionnaire: (see application details)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Telework Program: CMS is on the forefront of offering flexible working arrangements, and after an initial training period, allows employees the opportunity to participate in telework combined with alternative work schedules at the manager’s discretion. In the current pandemic situation, employees are teleworking full time and supported by a variety of technologies. When CMS returns to normal operations, employees will be expected to return to their normal duty station and schedule. CMS employees currently participating in 100% Full-Time Telework Program may be eligible to remain in the program.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced federal employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit the required documentation and be rated well-qualified for this vacancy. Click here for a detailed description of the required supporting documents . A well-qualified applicant is one whose knowledge, skills and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. Additional information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at (see application details) .
Additional Forms REQUIRED Prior to Appointment:
- Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment and the Background/Suitability Investigation – A background and suitability investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the successful completion of the investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. If selected, the Optional Form 306 will be required prior to final job offer. Click here to obtain a copy of the Optional Form 306 .
- Form I-9, Employment Verification and the Electronic Eligibility Verification Program – CMS participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers. If selected, the Form I-9 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here for more information about E-Verify and to obtain a copy of the Form I-9 .
- Standard Form 61, Appointment Affidavits – If selected, the Standard Form 61 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here to obtain a copy of the Standard Form 61 .
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application . Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your online application, resume, and CMS required documents will be used to determine if you meet eligibility and qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Oral Communication
- Systems Testing and Evaluation
- Written Communication
Additional selections may be made from this announcement for similar positions within CMS in the same geographical location. For Central Office vacancies, the “same geographical location” includes Baltimore, Maryland; Bethesda, Maryland; and Washington, D.C. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
Credentialing , Suitability/Fitness
The following documents are REQUIRED:
showing relevant experience; cover letter optional . Your resume must indicate your citizenship and if you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/59. Your resume must also list your work experience and education (if applicable) including the start and end dates (mm/yyyy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, you must include the series and grade level for the position(s). Your resume will be used to validate your responses to the assessment tool(s). For resume and application tips visit: (see application details)
2. CMS Required Documents (e.g., SF-50, DD-214, SF-15, etc.). Current CMS employees are REQUIRED to submit a copy of their most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) at the time of application. Additional documents may also be required to be considered for this vacancy announcement. Click here for a detailed description of the required documents . Failure to provide the required documentation WILL result in an ineligible rating OR non-consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: A complete application package includes the online application, resume, and CMS required documents. Please carefully review the full job announcement to include the “Required Documents” and “How to Apply” sections. Failure to submit the online application, resume and CMS required documents, will result in you not being considered for employment.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Clipped from: https://www.snagajob.com/jobs/622798317?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic