Associate Actuary Medicaid
North Hills, CA 91393
Refer friends, get paid!
View commute time
- Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes.
- Manage health plan specific actuarial needs and produce actuarial reports to aid in developing corporate strategy.
- Comfort with working on large data sets, including ability to write and debug code necessary to manage analytical processes; Strong proficiency in Excel, and programming experience in SAS and/or SQL
- Serve as the main point of contact for all actuarial related activities for an assigned health plan
- Manage at least 1 health plan – Medicaid
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes
- Developing probability tables based on analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information
- Research and analyze the impact from legislative changes
- Analyze and evaluate required premium rates
- Assess cash reserves and liabilities enable payment of future benefits
- Analyze various data reports, identify trends and gaps and recommend action
- Determine the equitable basis for distributing money for insurance benefits
- Create and update actuarial reports
- Participate in merger and acquisition analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of actuarial experience.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) (or equivalent international certification)