Resp & Qualifications
CareFirst, Inc., and its affiliated companies, generally referred to as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst), is the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest private sector health insurer, serving the healthcare needs of 3.5 million members in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and portions of northern Virginia. The Company offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to individuals and groups, as well as state and federal government sponsored plans. With a market share almost three times that of the closest competitor, the company commands 45 percent penetration across the region.
In July 2018, Brian D. Pieninck assumed the role of President and CEO after serving as the company’s COO of Strategic Business Units and IT Division. Under his leadership, the organization completed an extensive review of its operations and clinical programs, resulting in an expansive 3-year strategy to grow and diversify the company’s core business. Along with a 5-year vision to drive the transformation of the healthcare experience across the continuum of its members, partners, and communities, the company has placed a renewed and intentional focus on fostering a mission-based culture, which drives every decision the company makes. The organization employs over 5,600 full-time employees in Maryland, Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, and West Virginia. CareFirst has earned multiple workplace awards recognizing its leadership in diversity and inclusion, wellness engagement, and creation of a supportive and equitable work environment for all employees.
At CareFirst, you are part of an inspired, collaborative team that is building the healthcare experience we want for our families and our future. Every day, we make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
We practice empathy, seek to understand, invest in inclusion, demand equity and nurture belonging every day for our employees and the communities we serve. We rely on the rich diversity of our employees’ experiences and backgrounds to achieve our mission. Every year we host a Week of Equity and Action where we deepen our investment and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. During this week thousands of employees engage in workshops and volunteerism with the goal of bettering themselves and our community.
- Women make up around 70% of CareFirst’s employee population, and over 50% identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color).
- We have 9 resource groups that connect employees over shared identities (LGBTQ, veteran status, race, etc.) and passions (climate change, healthy living, leadership development).
- Employees are encouraged to give back and volunteer in their communities with their civic engagement hours.
As a not-for-profit, CareFirst regularly ranks among the most philanthropic organizations with $65 million invested in the community in 2020 to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety, and quality of healthcare throughout its market area. The company’s employees consistently add to this impact by devoting thousands of volunteer hours to numerous community organizations and social causes. The company’s continued efforts to reinvest in community health care programs has repeatedly earned CareFirst regional accolades as a leading corporate philanthropist, including the No. 2 and No. 7 spots on the Baltimore Business Journal and Washington Business Journal’s 2019 list of top corporate givers, respectively.
The Technician, Enrollment I is responsible for ensuring that members are accurately enrolled into CareFirst member enrollment systems in a timely manner, and according to the account contract or service agreement. To accomplish this, the associate in this role may interact and coordinate activity with key client account contacts, subscribers, CareFirst Sales, Underwriting, Finance, and Information Technology associates, as well as associates aligned to the Account Installation department of other BlueCross BlueShield Plans.
- Enroll subscribers and dependents for all lines of business as requested via fax, U.S. mail, and/or e-mail. Verify enrollment status, make changes to membership records, research and resolve enrollment system discrepancies, process membership terminations, and other forms of enrollment events. Complete monthly reconciliation process and resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the Account Installation team as it pertains to member identification card process to ensure cards are not released until all enrollment updates are completed and audited. Coordinate with the Billing Technician to ensure that all group enrollments are processed prior to running the monthly bill.
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: less than one year experience in membership enrollment, member services, billing, claims operations, and/or data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to adapt swiftly to multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be able to learn and comprehend details of client accounts, process flow diagrams, and health insurance enrollment software.
- Must be able to work effectively with large amounts of member enrollment data, paying close attention to detail upon entering data into the appropriate CareFirst system.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: MD Medicaid-Enrollment
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/enrollment-technician-i-md-medicaid-carefirst-bluecross-blueshield-JV_IC1153614_KO0,35_KE36,66.htm?jl=1007792155929&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic