Resp & Qualifications
Provide direct support to ensure that patients move through the system and receive the treatment and services they require. Incumbent will work to bring all aspect’s of a patient’s care together including follow-up appointments, record management as well as care management.
- Establish and promote collaborative working relationships with Care Managers, Social Workers and Nurses.
- Assists in referral process by transmitting required patient documentation and verifies that facility received documentation.
- Prepare, complete and distribute information packets. Initiate process to follow-up for any information missing.
- Facilitate effective exchange of information with facility liaisons, home care liaisons and suppliers.
- Assist in obtaining authorizations for transition to next level of care
- Provide clerical and support functions to Care Management staff members.
Education Level: High School Diploma
Experience: 3 years related administrative and/or health insurance experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: DC Medicaid – Government Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/care-manager-assistant-dc-medicaid-carefirst-bluecross-blueshield-JV_IC1138213_KO0,34_KE35,65.htm?jl=1008105882472&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic