Clipped from: https://jobs.gainwelltechnologies.com/job/Topeka-Business-Analyst-Mid-Career-Medicaid-KS-66619-1448/996302000/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Be part of a team that unleashes the power of leading-edge technologies to help improve the health and well-being of those most vulnerable in our country and communities. Working at Gainwell carries its rewards. You’ll have an incredible opportunity to grow your career in a company that values work flexibility, learning, and career development. You’ll add to your technical credentials and certifications while enjoying a generous, flexible vacation policy and educational assistance. We also have comprehensive leadership and technical development academies to help build your skills and capabilities.
As a Business Analyst – Mid Career – Medicaid at Gainwell, you can contribute your skills as we harness the power of technology to help our clients improve the health and well-being of the members they serve — a community’s most vulnerable. Connect your passion with purpose, teaming with people who thrive on finding innovative solutions to some of healthcare’s biggest challenges. Here are the details on this position.
Your role in our mission
Play a critical part in ensuring Gainwell is meeting our clients’ objectives in important areas.
- Serve as the lead policy analyst on assigned areas, to include quarterly updates involving compliance with national code sets, and ensure assigned implementation deadlines are met. Maintains assigned reference files, manuals, and issues updates quarterly
- Help coordinate a business analyst team’s duties and activities on IT projects and nurture newer team members by providing guidance and support
- Be a knowledgeable bridge between clients, project managers and technical staff to define, document and share business requirements and expected impact
- Work with the client to develop business specs at the start of a technical project
- Analyze, plan, design, document or make recommendations to improve business processes to support client’s technology goals
- Help verify that all requirements have been met by approving and validating test results
- Exercise your ability to use basic analytical or relational database software — such as Excel or SQL — to quantify the anticipated impact of work
What we’re looking for
- 5 or more years of experience in a relevant Business Analyst position with 1 or more years of Medicaid and Medicare experience preferred
- RHIT coding degree, requiring a knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, which includes extensive prior healthcare knowledge to apply reimbursements and to revise code
- Knowledge and experience to maintain and update national coding systems within the Kansas Modular Medicaid System (KMMS) which include DRG, ICD, and CPT codes.
- Serve as a resource for Gainwell Technologies and the State Medicaid Agency on questions related to Health Information Management including but not limited to proper use of code sets, proper reimbursement methodologies and claim payments. Determine appropriate coverage and reimbursement for new and/or revised codes. (Quarterly and Annual)
- Monitor the initiation, revision and implementation of external regulations, statutes and standards while facilitating the implementation of regulations and ensuring organizational compliance.
- Coordinate and communicate with the State of Kansas Medicaid Agency regarding changes impacting the KMMS.
What you should expect in this role
- Onsite in Topeka, KS
- Remote Options may be available from US locations
- Research claims for internal users as well as the State of Kansas Medicaid Agency
#LI-Registered Health Information Technology certification (RHIT)
The pay range for this position is $63,100.00 – $90,200.00 per year, however, the base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Put your passion to work at Gainwell. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career in a company that values work flexibility, learning, and career development. All salaried, full-time candidates are eligible for our generous, flexible vacation policy, a 401(k) employer match, comprehensive health benefits, and educational assistance. We also have a variety of leadership and technical development academies to help build your skills and capabilities.
We believe nothing is impossible when you bring together people who care deeply about making healthcare work better for everyone. Build your career with Gainwell, an industry leader. You’ll be joining a company where collaboration, innovation, and inclusion fuel our growth. Learn more about Gainwell at our company website and visit our Careers site for all available job role openings.
Gainwell Technologies is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.