Job Description Summary
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Analyst primarily functions to review, analyze, and evaluate user requirements and system functionality. Tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and validating system performance against requirements. The Business Analyst should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. Medicaid program and system experience are highly desired.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Work closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Contribute expertise in provider services-related business functions, including advanced knowledge in the review and approval of provider eligibility
- Lead/support requirements and design sessions
- Analyze, document and clarify system business requirements
- Create Functional Design Documents for system enhancements
- Manage scope and implementation schedules for product releases
- Support federal system certification
- Execute system tests before User Acceptance Testing
- Maintain system documentation
- Interact daily with state clients and internal customers regarding system status and day-to-day processing
- Support user staff with analysis and resolution of issue reports
- Analyze complex data and measure outcomes
- Coordinate with technical staff to sufficiently understand technical requirements, specifications, and processes
- Interact with company and client managers and perform cost/schedule monitoring
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education And Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or four years related work experience
- Two years of direct experience as a business analyst in design, development, testing, and implementation of software
- Knowledge of Medicaid and provider enrollment business processes
- Knowledge of system design and development process
- Strong understanding of system testing metrics, best practices, and methodologies
- Experience working with State government clients in the Medicaid systems domain preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver consulting project activities for medium- to long-term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills.
- Maintain technical responsibilities, which include problem identification, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
- Analyze complex data and identify patterns, recommend actions, and measure outcomes.
- Coordinate with technical staff to understand business requirements, specifications, and processes.
- Conduct market research and understand and apply implications of Health and Human market trends.
- Create system functional specifications from business requirements.
- Interact with company and client managers and perform cost/schedule monitoring.
- Identify additional product and service opportunities in customer organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3- 5 years of experience consulting within designated function.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.