BerryDunn is seeking a Staff Consultant for BerryDunn’s Medicaid Practice Area within our Government Consulting Group. Our Medicaid Practice Area focuses on supporting decision makers in state Medicaid agencies throughout the country in the design, development, financing, implementation, and evaluation of their Medicaid programs. In order to do this, our team applies our knowledge and skills in the areas of, federal policy and legislative analysis, Medicaid program design and development, and information systems technology. Serving as trusted advisors, our contributions allow policymakers and institutions to focus on their objectives with the information and tools they need to make the right decisions to achieve their program goals. The culture at BerryDunn is collegial, collaborative, and mutually supportive. Currently, our team is engaged with Medicaid projects at different stages with focus on Medicaid policy development, system implementation, and program transformation. As a result, we are looking for interested, qualified professionals to join our growing team as a Staff Consultant. You would be reporting to senior members of our Medicaid Practice Area and would have experience or relevant coursework with government, public policy, healthcare, and/or the Medicaid program. You will work out of our Portland, ME office. The start date for this role will be in July of 2021.
Travel Expectations: Willingness to travel 35-50% (While 35-50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been temporarily suspended.)
- Assist in providing consulting services to clients under the supervision of more experienced consultants.
- Follow appropriate diagnostic, data collection, fact-finding, and data analysis practices.
- Assist in conducting research, assisting with detailed and technical aspects of the engagement, documenting the engagement and assisting with engagement reporting.
- Perform assigned administrative tasks.
- Develop concise summaries, reports, and presentations of complex data for client leadership.
- Facilitate meetings and interviews with client stakeholders.
- Assist with project management tasks such as tracking and reporting project progress, maintaining project document repository, and reviewing deliverables for quality assurance.
- Provide ad hoc assessments and briefings in response to client requests.
- Continue to grow professionally through a program of self-development and formal continuing professional education programs.
- Participate/Support firm-wide initiatives, including new business development.
- Work toward obtaining appropriate professional certifications.
- We encourage involvement in civic and professional activities.
We value our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits, in addition to being part of a high-powered, effective team! Here are just a few of our attractive benefits:
- Health, Dental, Rx and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Employer contribution
- Responsible Paid-Time-Off policy, including Paid Family Leave
- 401(K) profit sharing plan with employer match after one year
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Continuing Professional Education, and CPA Exam
- Wellness Programs
- Mentor Programs
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 500 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Arizona, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/staff-consultant-medicaid-berry-dunn-mcneil-parker-JV_IC1135898_KO0,25_KE26,50.htm?jl=3760526702&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic