- Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes.
- Manage health plan specific actuarial needs and produce actuarial reports to aid in developing corporate strategy.
- Comfort with working on large data sets, including ability to write and debug code necessary to manage analytical processes; Strong proficiency in Excel, and programming experience in SAS and/or SQL
- Serve as the main point of contact for all actuarial related activities for an assigned health plan
- Manage at least 1 health plan – Medicaid
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes
- Developing probability tables based on analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information
- Research and analyze the impact from legislative changes
- Analyze and evaluate required premium rates
- Assess cash reserves and liabilities enable payment of future benefits
- Analyze various data reports, identify trends and gaps and recommend action
- Determine the equitable basis for distributing money for insurance benefits
- Create and update actuarial reports
- Participate in merger and acquisition analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of actuarial experience.
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) (or equivalent international certification)
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Clipped from: https://jobs.centene.com/us/en/job/REA1221748/Associate-Actuary-Medicaid?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic