Requisition No: 558546
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68058970 – AGENCY FOR HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATOR-SES
Position Number: 68058970
Salary: $1,783.81 – $2,307.69 Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 01/31/2022
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida’s leading state agencies, AHCA’s diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
We are seeking to hire an AHC Administrator – SES who desires to work to enhance the delivery of health care services through the Florida Medicaid Program. This position requires a candidate who is creative, flexible, innovative, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-based work environment.
You will become a team member of the Bureau of Medicaid Fiscal Agent Operations (MFAO). MFAO provides oversight and monitoring of the Agency’s Medicaid fiscal agent; responsible for the processing of Florida Medicaid claims and multiple supporting systems; ensuring Medicaid providers are properly enrolled into the program, Medicaid recipients receive proper coverage, enrollment into managed care plans; extracting, analyzing, and/or reporting Medicaid data; and ensuring that new Agency systems are planned and procured.
This position is responsible for providing management and consultative services and will lead, plan, coordinate, and supervise the Compliance Reporting and Claims/Encounter Support Unit. The unit reviews operations of the Florida Medicaid Management Information System (FMMIS) to assure continued certification of the FMMIS, to assure timely and appropriate registration of providers, to assure timely and appropriate payment of claims, and to assure accurate production of reports. Identify discrepancies and track resolution of problems.
You will monitor all phases of the fiscal agent’s operations, analyze the quality of the contractor’s performance in meeting the contractual standards, develop performance standards, coordinate activities related to claims resolution, coordinate activities related to encounter processing including health plan support and monitoring of encounter errors.
We are looking for a candidate with up-to-date knowledge concerning the Florida Medicaid program, including pertinent Federal laws and regulations, state statutes and rules, and the Florida Medicaid State Plan. An ideal candidate will be informed about the operations of the Medicaid fiscal agent including Medicaid claims processing, billing procedures, reimbursement methodologies and provider enrollment. Maintains knowledge of procurement processes.
AHCA Offers An Excellent Array Of Benefits, Including
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
For more information about the Bureau of Medicaid Fiscal Agent Operations, please visit our website at http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/index.shtml.
Join us at the Agency for Health Care Administration in fulfilling our mission to provide “Better Health Care for all Floridians.”
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of Florida Medicaid Management Information Systems (FMMIS).
- Knowledge of methods used in data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document workflow and other activities relating to the improvement of management practices.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentations in reports, documents, and other written material.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and train staff.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research and document clear and concise results.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques and make decisions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to develop training materials and conduct training sessions.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- Minimum of five years’ experience in staff and project leadership
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with vendors, contract compliance and contract monitoring
- Minimum of five years of experience performing healthcare system and management analysis
Licensure, Certification, Or Registration Requirements
CONTACT: DEBORAH KELLEY 850-412-3449
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/68058970-agency-for-health-care-administrator-ses-at-state-of-florida-2893760567/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic