Humana Healthy Horizons in Louisiana is seeking a Addictionologist/Addiction Services Manager (ASM) who will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of Humana Medicaid’s Addiction Services in Louisiana, serving the needs of children and adults with substance use disorder (SUD), including referring enrollees to social supports and community resources. They will coordinate and collaborate with the plan COO, BH Coordinator, Quality Management Coordinator, and BH Medical Director to assure quality, appropriate utilization management, and adequacy of the addiction provider network.
– Assist in the development of comprehensive care programs for Louisiana’s youth and adult population affected by SUD.
– Assist in the development and management of an addiction provider network.
– Influence and assist market and corporate leadership in strategic planning to achieve better BH outcomes.
– Advise case management and other clinical associates serving members with SUD to ensure timely, culturally-competent, and appropriate delivery of addiction care and support.
– Participate as a member of Humana’s broader care team to support Case Management in accessing addiction support for the member and family.
– Provide input for conducting comprehensive member assessments to identify enrollees’ individual needs and for performing clinical intervention through the development of a care treatment plan specific to each enrollee.
– Facilitate case management consultations and provide clinical guidance for contracted providers.
– Advocate for patients and their families to ensure patients’ needs and choices are fully represented and supported by network providers in a timely and appropriate manner.
– Participate in the ongoing identification of high-risk enrollee demographic groups who may qualify for services.
– Assist in the coordination of psychiatric and community referrals to enhance enrollee supports for addiction treatment and prevention services.
– Ensure compliance with the addiction principles of care and application of American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) placement criteria for all addiction program development.
– Must reside in Louisiana.
– Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) or licensed mental health practitioner (LMHP) who is licensed to practice independently in Louisiana and is in compliance with the requirements of one of the following regulated areas: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) , Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) , Licensed rehabilitation counselor (LRC) , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with specialization in adult psychiatric and mental health, Physician (Psychiatrist) , Medical Psychologist , Licensed Psychologist
– Minimum seven (7) years of clinical experience with addiction treatment of adults or children experiencing substance use problems and disorders.
– Leadership/management experience.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
– Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office.
– A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
– Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
– A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
– Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
– More than three (3) years of leadership/management experience.
– Experience working with members experiencing complex mental health and substance use disorder (SUD).
– Experience providing training, mentoring, and educational support to others.
– Workstyle : Hybrid Home – Works 1 – 2days/week in Humana’s Metairie, LA office location and 3 – 4 days remotely.
– Travel: As business needs require.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours