Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
DIRECTOR, VALUE BASED PROGRAMS | Work From Home/Remote
The position of Director, Value Based Programs will support the development and execution of BSMH value-based program strategy. The candidate will establish working relationships with managed care payers for assigned programs and efficiently balance demands of multiple accounts to ensuring timeliness, contract compliance and performance results. He or she will facilitate strategic growth discussions with payer and internal stakeholders to identify new payer partnerships, program opportunities and progression along the risk continuum. He or she will be the subject matter expert for program requirements, educating key stakeholders, providing guidance and recommendations during contract negotiations, identifying program issues / opportunities and evaluating program results.The director will be assigned a specific book of business to lead in all aspects.
- Advise Senior Leaders on emerging trends and methodologies for managed care value-based programs, CMS models of payment and Medicaid programs
- Collaborates with analytical resources to quantify the impact of alternative proposals for new and renewing programs and program audits. Facilitating the reconsideration process as applicable.
- Collaborates with leadership teams in the planning, assessment, design and implementation phases for value-based programs.
- Deliver education and training on assigned value-based programs requirements and contractual terms to key stakeholders
- Develops, assesses, and makes recommendations on program participation, improvements and renewals.
- Facilitate oversight meetings with the Payer to monitor and discuss contract performance
- Consult with key stakeholders to ensure program aligns with operational and clinical capabilities. Providing guidance on contract and program interpretations and requirements.
- Manage ongoing relationship and performance of value-based contracts, including identifying opportunities for performance improvement, review of reporting, validation of adherence to contractual terms, and facilitate resolution of issues.
- Negotiate value-based program terms and contract language for acute, ambulatory and Clinical Integrated Network as assigned in conjunction with Finance and Managed Care as applicable ensuring terms are in alignment with BSMH contracting priorities and objectives.
- Support the development of managed care and governmental payer strategies and initiatives to adapt to ongoing healthcare payment reforms and evolving payment methodologies, including ACOs and value-based care initiatives
- Supports governance and management meetings to include facilitation, planning and coordinating and follow-up
– Bachelors Degree in Business, Healthcare Management, Accounting, Finance or Related Field.
– Minimum of five years’ healthcare management experience involving complex delivery systems and organizations
– Effective negotiation and communication skills, plus the ability to utilize and interpret financial models and internal analyses. Knowledge of Managed Care, Finance, alternative payment methodologies, claim billing (CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10, DRG, etc. Self-starter, and proven ability to work well in a matrixed environment. Demonstrated project management skills with a successful track record. Proficiency with MS Office applications and web-based technologies. Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and company confidentiality policies and procedures.
– Graduate Degree in Business, Healthcare Management, Accounting, Finance or Related Field.
– Experience evaluating, developing and/or negotiating value-based contracts Strong relationship building and influencing skills. Willingness to travel approximately 25% for face to face meetings. Excellent time management and prioritization skills. Highly collaborative team approach to work. Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SS Revenue Management – Revenue Management
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
Clipped from: https://careers.bsmhealth.org/job/-/-/28933/3092659952