Medicaid Who’s Who: Steve Konsin, Sr. – President, Syrtis Solutions
1. Which segment of the industry are you currently involved?
A: Currently in Third Party Liability..but more specifically in “Medical and Pharmacy Claim “Cost Avoidance” vs. Pay and Chase which is what we try to help our customers either minimize or move away from entirely.
2. What is your current position and with what organization?
A: President, Syrtis Solutions. My business partner and I started the company almost 10 years ago.
3. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
A: 12 years directly involved in Medicaid programs
4. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
A: Savings and Innovation which has been a constant throughout my career.
5. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
A: Go to an F1 race in Monaco.
6. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
A: Racing Vintage sports cars…a life-long hobby…
7. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
A: Benjamin Franklin because he was so diverse in his interests and accomplishments. He demonstrated that you can do just about anything if you put your mind to it…
8. What is your favorite junk food?
A: Pimento cheese (its a southern thing I picked up.)
9. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
A: Working thru and succeeding with some very difficult life challenges
10. For what one thing do you wish you could get a mulligan?
A: When I missed a shift for the lead on the last lap going on to the front straight of Watkins Glen in the 50th running of the Collier cup race. The race I won 25 years earlier…man I wish I had won that trophy to put next to the earlier one…
11. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
- The status of the economy as a whole.
- The future or demise of the ACA.
- The current administrations actions.