Medicaid Who’s Who: David Newell, President and CEO @ PromiseShip
1. Which segment of the industry are you currently involved?
A: Children and family services
2. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
A: Around 26 years
3. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
A: To transform child and family services in the United States.
4. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
A: I would love to travel extensively across India and Nepal.
5. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
A: Film photography usually of my kids and family.
6. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
A: Abraham Lincoln. I have always been fascinated by his brilliance, leadership, humor and tenacity despite many life challenges and personal failures. I am in awe of him.
7. What is your favorite junk food?
8. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
A: The work at my current agency, PromiseShip, makes me very proud of how we have been able to improve child and family outcomes in Nebraska
9. For what one thing do you wish you could get a mulligan?
A: Well, I wish I could start over being a husband and dad with what I know now.
10. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
A: I am very interested in the intersection of the Family First Prevention Services Act and Medicaid services for kids and families.