The article below has been highlighted and summarized by our research team. It is provided here for member convenience as part of our Curator service.
Idaho providers that get more than 20% of their revenues from Medicaid can apply for COVID relief funding by December 18.
Clipped from: https://www.bigcountrynewsconnection.com/idaho/idaho-dhw-encourages-idaho-medicaid-providers-to-apply-for-funding-before-december-18-deadline/article_8c30eba4-3a40-11eb-bdd8-ab80eeb19f4c.html
BOISE – Idaho Medicaid providers may be eligible for funding from the Medicaid Provider CFAC Stabilization Funding Opportunity, but the deadline is fast approaching. The one-page application is due by 5:00pm on December 18.
This is an opportunity for providers who are enrolled with Idaho Medicaid to apply for part of the federal funds Idaho received to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the second round of the funding opportunity and is targeted at Medicaid providers who receive 20% or more of their revenue from Idaho Medicaid.
“A few providers have emailed after receiving their checks, letting us know the funding helps. One provider called it an ‘unexpected blessing.’ We hope to see more applications for more opportunities to provide some relief,” said Matt Wimmer, division administrator for Medicaid, in the Department of Health and Welfare (DHW). “The application, in most cases, will let providers know immediately if they are eligible. All Medicaid providers, but especially the smaller ones, can really benefit from this. But they have to apply.”
Idaho Medicaid providers who meet the following qualifications should apply before December 18. They must be:
- In-state providers
- Actively enrolled with Idaho Medicaid
- In good standing, meaning no current provider actions, sanctions, or debts owed
- In good standing with the state of Idaho, meaning applicants do not owe any back taxes
- In good standing with the local, state, and federal government, meaning applicant is not suspended or debarred from receiving federal funds
- Have Medicaid revenue greater than or equal to 20% of total annual revenues for calendar year 2019
For more information on how to apply: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/IDHW_CFAC.pdf