Lesson 3: What is the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)? Quiz

Please sign up for the course before taking this quiz.
  1. Most states require at least a minimal premium for the CHIP program.1
  2. CHIP Managed Care Organizations get paid through a capitated method.1
  3. Common challenges in CHIP programs include:1
  4. If a MCOs Medical Loss Ratio is 85%, the remaining 15% is available for profit without limitations after the deduction of administrative costs.1
  5. A term for the percentage of children who are eligible to enroll in CHIP and do participate is referred to as:1
  6. Managed Care Organizations often service both state Medicaid and CHIP programs1
  7. A child in a household of four with an annual income of $70,000 will be eligible for CHIP in any state.1
  8. CHIP eligibility requirements are the same as Medicaid requirements.1
  9. Capitation is:1
  10. CHIP funding is1
Back to: Lesson 3: What is the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)?