Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive transformative healthcare solutions? Are you interested in joining an actuarial practice that is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with State and Federal governments, health plans, providers, drug and device manufacturers and other organizations around the world? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte’s Actuarial and Insurance Solutions practice.
Work you’ll do
The Senior Manager will be expected to lead complex client initiatives and engagement teams working on Medicaid related projects. They will support the development and maintenance of strong relationships with senior client leadership. They should help develop the more junior members of the engagement team and deepen their understanding of the political, policy, financial and business aspects of the Medicaid program.
Delivery expectations of the Senior Manager includes:
- Anticipates client needs based on a strong understanding of the client and its industry and marketplace.
- Determines client needs by guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques, and approaches to understand the client’s issues and opportunities.
- Integrates recommendations into a total solution for the client that is consistent with the engagement strategy.
- Challenges and enhances quality by consistently striving for ways to improve deliverables.
- Directs the team to provide exceptional service to the client by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, integrity, and respect.
- Communicates regularly with client management on a variety of business topics (e.g., trends, innovations, problem-solving discussions)
- Demonstrate specific service area/competency and/or industry expertise that resulted in tangible value for the client.
Market, Sales, and Communication: The Senior Manager will be expected to broaden relationships at the most senior levels within current and potential state and local healthcare clients and to translate this into new business opportunities. They will work closely with the practice to win additional consulting work with the existing accounts and to acquire new accounts.
With more than 40 years of experience in assisting state health and human services agencies in nearly every state, Deloitte understands how delivery works-and how it can work better. Our state health team offers industry-leading insights, solutions, and business practices to help state health agencies solve their most difficult challenges, ranging from modernization of eligibility determination systems and compliance with Federal Health Insurance Exchange requirements to innovative Medicaid tools and services that can help states serve their constituents more effectively.
Deloitte helps state Medicaid agencies design and implement initiatives that improve upon the management of their health programs, overall financial performance, and health outcomes. Our advisory services and solutions focus on four critical areas: policy and program design, analytics, organizational transformation, and ongoing program evaluation. In an environment in which states are being asked to do more with less, Deloitte brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and solutions to help health agencies plan for the future.
- At least 10 years of healthcare experience working either with a state Health and Human Services agency or with a health plan or consulting company serving healthcare clients. Demonstrated experience working on Medicaid related issues including Medicaid managed care, value-based purchasing, 1115 transformation waivers, social determinants for health, managed long term services and supports, home and community based services, physical and behavioral health coordination, Medicaid enterprise solutions, quality measurement and analytics and fee for service operations
- Track record of leading and growing strong teams of management consultants or other organizational groups, with ability to manage across multiple engagements
- Outstanding leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, team working skills and ethical standards. This individual should be looked upon as a role model who instills the pride, values and integrity of Deloitte in their team.
- Experience supporting Medicaid programs
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Business development experience (pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience)
- Experience leading teams and managing client/executive relationships
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
Proficient PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access, and Project
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $131,000 – $219,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/senior-manager-medicaid-health-transformation-services-at-deloitte-3143851691/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic