Found in: Jobrapido US Premium
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc.
Position Title: Senior Fiscal Officer of Medicaid
Position Type: FLSA- Non-Executive
Supervising Staff: YES
General Purpose: This position serves to ensure that the accounting and finance needs of Mission Services are met. The Director will coordinate closely with the CFO, SVP of Finance, EVP of Mission Services and SVPs of Mission Services to ensure an effective process for planning, budgeting, and tracking the performance of the Mission Services.
Essential Functions: The core responsibilities of the position consist of financial planning and analysis, contract and/or Medicaid administration, and grants management and accounting. The senior fiscal officer fosters a data driven approach and a strong internal customer service sensibility when partnering with executive and senior program managers to assess and plan program direction.
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised: Where applicable describes level of authority, decision making discretion, consequences of actions, supervisory and fiscal responsibility. Provide metrics where possible. Level of supervision received.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Partner with Mission Services management to develop budgets for programs and social enterprises.
- Prepare financial reporting and forecasts to inform program and business management decisions.
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and sustainability.
- Present financial performance to Mission Services leadership following each monthly close.
- Work with data analysis to synthesize financial and non-financial data to create performance dashboards that provide leading indicators of operational and financial performance.
- Make recommendations for controlling costs and spending funds more effectively.
- Foster team engagement that promotes: 1) deeper understanding of program financial dynamics, 2) opportunities and risks to be addressed and 3) use of data to inform decision making.
Medicaid and 3rd Party Biller Management / Contract administration
- Establish / build strong relationships with fiscal counterparts at Provider Companies and funders.
- Monitor OMH & OPWDD websites for updated rates & important notifications impacting programs.
- Review contracts to ensure with fiscal, programmatic and administrative compliance.
- Prepare and facilitate funder approval of program/project budgets.
- Monitor spending and recommend adjustments to keep expenditures aligned with budget.
- Prepare revenue claims and oversight reports, maintaining required supporting documentation.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the aging report to the general ledger.
- Report on and pursue outstanding payments (receivables) from funding sources.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the billing, receivables management and reporting processes.
- Manage funder audits.
- Participate in funder and association meetings to stay informed and advocate for sensible policies.
- Ensure accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in collaborative effort to improve processes and maintain policies and procedures that optimize productivity and an effective control environment.
- Perform accounting for assigned portfolio, managing junior fiscal officers as appropriate.
- Complete closing tasks with requisite quality and timeliness to facilitate adherence to internal reporting deadlines.
- Provide support in the completion of balance sheet account reconciliation, as necessary.
- Prepare audit work-papers for each program/project as required.
Leadership & Management
- Create opportunities to develop key talent and establish an environment that fosters collaboration, development, and job satisfaction.
- Foster a high standard for internal customer service and continuous improvement.
- Promote the attainment of Goodwill’s Strategic Plan, Double Impact.
- Lead and/or participate on teams that are pursuing special projects.
Qualifications: Describe the minimum educational and experience requirements/preferences.
- BS/BA required. Degrees in accounting, business or public policy strongly preferred.
- Five years of accounting experience.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills, sound judgment and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Flexible multi-tasker who is willing to “roll up his/her sleeves.”
- A proactive sprit; self-motivated, action oriented and results-driven.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team-player focused on teamwork and collaboration.
- Well organized with strong project and process management skills
- Honest, direct, kind, and sincere.
Skills Required: Describe the minimum skills required or preferred
- Advanced Excel Word and Power Point skills required.
- Familiar with BI and other planning & forecasting applications. Microsoft Dynamics D365, Counterpoint and deFacto Planning software experience a plus.
Special Working Conditions: Describe unusual working conditions or environmental factors.
- See Attached Physical Demand Analysis
Clipped from: https://us.trabajo.org/job-880-20211207-0bdadcfffcc5e41b1ebefea816f12f2b?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic