The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. In 2020, ODM introduced a new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program — one that strengthens Ohio’s future and ensures everyone has the chance to live life to its full potential.
Today, more than 90 percent of Ohio Medicaid members are supported by managed care organizations. During the year ahead, ODM will begin implementing a new vision for care; focusing on the individual, a strong partnership among MCOs and the department, and supporting specialization in addressing critical needs.
A program that puts the individual first
Adopting Governor DeWine’s philosophy of service to Ohioans, ODM embarked on an aggressive effort to redesign its managed care program. The goal is to provide more personal, holistic care and supports for millions of Ohioans served by Medicaid. Listening to feedback from more than 1,100 individuals and organizations we identified five procurement goals that would put the individual front and center of Medicaid’s program and policy decisions. They are:
- Emphasize a personalized care experience
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs
- Improve wellness and health outcomes
- Support providers in better patient care and
- Increase program transparency and accountability
UNLESS REQUIRED BY LEGISLATION OR UNION CONTRACT, STARTING SALARY WILL BE SET AT STEP 1 OF THE PAY RANGE
Office: Strategic Initiatives
Classification: Medicaid Health Systems Administrator 2 (PN 20097166)
The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is seeking an experienced healthcare administrator to manage all aspects of ODM’s Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) program. As the CPC Program Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- managing annual rule and state plan amendment updates
- aligning the CPC program with federal and state priorities and requirements
- overseeing the updating of outcome measures and provider requirements annually
- collaborating regularly with ODM staff, vendors, managed care plans and providers regarding the CPC program
- overseeing CPC program reporting, payments, data issues, outcomes and policies
- determining how the CPC program interfaces with other ODM programs
- insuring timely and accurate provider communications regarding the CPC program
The preferred candidate will be detail-oriented, a skilled collaborator and display great organizational abilities.
Completion of graduate core program in business, management or public administration, public health, health administration, social or behavioral science or public finance; 24 mos. exp. in planning & administering health services program or health services project management (e.g., health care data analysis, health services contract management, health care market & financial expertise; health services program communication; health services budget development, HMO & hospital rate development, health services eligibility, health services data analysis).
Or 24 months experience as a Medicaid Health Systems Administrator 1, 65295.
Note: education & experience is to be commensurate with approved position description on file.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
Clipped from: https://helponebillion.com/job/81b2429f7778e52ec663e50d5eb16422/Comprehensive-Primary-Care-Program-Manager-Medicaid-Health-Systems-Administrator-2?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic