At a Glance
- Revenues increasing
- Increased interest in stock mid-quarter; price decrease, but rebounding
- Extended discussion in earnings call on why UHC Medicaid margins are lower than other MCOs
Rolling 12 months financials
Earnings Call Summary
Latest available call date: 1/15/2019
- Full YOY revenues grew 12%. EPS grew 28%.
- Revenues on TANF rate cells described as challenging in “pressured markets.” Has tasked the Community and State teams for more advocacy on “sound rates.”
- Increases seen in MCR driven almost entirely by Medicaid. Q3 and Q4 better than first half of year, but still underperforming. Not hitting target margin range of 3-5%. Extended discussion in the QA on why UHC Medicaid margins are more challenged than other MCOs.
- LTSS and duals products performing well from MCR perspective.
END OF REPORT