At a Glance
- Revenues flat
- Increased interest in stock throughout quarter; corresponding price increase trend
- Review of 2018 corrective actions on pricing, margin and staffing (with 800 FTE reduction)
Rolling 12 months financials
Earnings Call Summary
Latest available call date: 2/12/2019
- Emphasized progress in 2018 on margin recovery and sustainability plan. 2.8% margin for Medicaid 2018. 5% on MA business.
- Reported $13.7B in Medicaid revenue, with overall 89.4% medical care ratio.
- Now managing $2B in LTSS benefit designs across business.
- Reviewed pricing increases on exchange plans in 2018 (60% increases on premiums as corrective action).
- Recapped renewals in Medicaid: TX, OH, CA, WA and MI. Other wins in PR and MS (CHIP).
- Portraying renewal of 1/3 of FL contract as positioning for MA and exchange business in FL market.
- 800 FTEs reduced from beginning of 2018.
- Estimating $30B of Medicaid opportunities in next 3 years (LA, MN, HI, KY, PA, TN, WV, IN).
END OF REPORT