Mary has decades of experience in the Medicaid space. Check out her LinkedIn profile here.
You can also get her help on consulting projects- look for the “schedule a time to chat” info on our website.
1. Which segment of the industry are you currently involved?
A: Throughout my career as an Dr. of Nursing Practice (DNP) and consultant in healthcare, I have been fluid shifting my skills and knowledge between the bedside to payer and providers to develop policies for better patient outcomes.
2. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
A: 15 years.
3. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
A: My focus is working with the low socioeconomic population to find strategies and solutions for healthcare equality. My passion is working in a free clinic that serves uninsured population providing care.
4. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
A: South Africa
5. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
A: My family and friends whether it is a sit-down dinner or traveling. I cannot get enough of them.
6. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
A: Albert Einstein is one of my favorite people because he is probably one of the most influential figures in science in the twentieth century. His theory of Relativity is part of health care’s technology. He defied his learning disability of dyslexic and shared his brilliance with the world.
7. What is your favorite junk food?
8. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
A: Educating nurse ’s of all degrees and levels on their abilities to advocate for safety, lead significant change initiatives, coach patients and communities, and coordinate delivery of services, that very often determine health outcomes and the procurement of ethical care.
9. For what one thing do you wish you could get a mulligan?
A: Career- I should have gone to Medical School when provided the opportunity.
10. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
- Coverage: Who will be eligible?
- Opioid epidemic crisis how fast will there be a response?
- Medicaid cuts to Mental Health.