Bill Henderson is the Sr. VP Business Development at Liberty Dental Plan.
Check out his LinkedIn profile HERE.
1. Which segment of the industry are you currently involved?
LIBERTY Dental Plan is a leader in the Medicaid /Medicare industry. A leading National Provider of Dental Managed Care Services since 2001. Providing quality, innovative and affordable dental benefits with the utmost attention to member satisfaction
2. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
I started back in 1993 partnering with MCO’s within TennCare for vision care.
3. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
Increase access to dental services and oral health education to all members, focusing on co-location and prevention. Providing more education to underserved population so they can have a clearer picture of what great oral health is and how it can assist them in their whole-body health.
4. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
To establish & set up pop-up housing for the social determents and provide fresh vegetables for them, and a clinic to assist them within the housing unit.
5. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
I travel every week for work but I still like to travel to areas I do not get to see, love to experience local food and culture.
6. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
Lincoln, to me he put everything ahead of himself & his career. He was concerned about the country and the rights of the people and wanted to make sure he resolved the issues we were having at the time.
7. What is your favorite junk food?
Street hot-dogs, love them in NY
8. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
Being able to assist LIBERTY to grow across the country, we’ve built a great team, and winning culture that all the team care about the people we get to serve and the communities we operate in.
9. For what one thing do you wish you could get a mulligan?
Not always being home to see the kids growing up
10. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
A. The cost of end of life
B. States need to flexibility working with MCO’s to manage the programs set forth and develop strong relationships with plans/provider and communities
C. Get a better handle on Social Determents and the cost of care for this populations