Medicaid Who’s Who: Kelli Todd, MPH – Program Manager for Iowa Managed Care Ombudsman Program
Kelli Todd is presenting a CASE STUDY: Transitioning Medicaid LTSS to Managed Care: Challenges, Opportunities and Lessons Learned during the Medicaid Managed Care Congress in Baltimore, MD, May 22 – 24.
1. What is your current role and in what sector of the industry?
A: Program Manager for the Iowa Medicaid Managed Care Ombudsman Program in the Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman.
2. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
A. 4 years in Medicaid, 8 years in public policymaking and research.
3. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
A: Improving the health of the public.
4. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
A: To live a life of travel
5. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
A: Reading, running, spending time with friends and family, and traveling
6. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
A. Not historical, but a couple of authors I enjoy reading are Jared Diamond, Atul Gawande, and Doris Kearns Goodwin
7. What is your favorite junk food?
8. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
A: White House Fellowship candidate and mentoring
9. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
1. Risk algorithms and improved risk pooling for payment for long-term services and supports
2. Acknowledging the influence of and adequately addressing social determinants of health
3. Engaging of and improving outreach to Medicaid members