Jay Ludlam is the featured panelist for the upcoming State Spotlight Series Show: Missouri Medicaid on March 18th. RESERVE your seat today!
Medicaid Who’s Who: Jay Ludlam – Deputy Division Director of Administrative and Fiscal Services, MO HealthNet (Missouri Medicaid)
1. What is your current position and with what organization?
A: Deputy Division Director of Administrative and Fiscal Services for MO HealthNet (Missouri Medicaid)
2. How many years have you been in the Medicaid industry?
A: 9 years
3. What is your focus/passion? (Industry related or not)
A: Demonstrate that a state-run Medicaid program can provide participants with all the services to which they are entitled and also be run efficiently and effectively, like a commercial business.
4. What is the top item on your “bucket list?”
A: Fly in space
5. What do you enjoy doing most with your personal time?
A: Traveling. If I am not traveling, I spend as much time as possible with my family.
6. Who is your favorite historical figure and why?
A: Charles Darwin because he observed the world around him and gave voice to ideas which challenged the beliefs of his time.
7. What is your favorite junk food?
A: French fries, chocolate chip mint ice cream and blueberry muffins
8. Of what accomplishment are you most proud?
A: My case State of Missouri v. Spilton which establishes Missouri case law that statutorily defined civil penalties are permissible when prosecuting civil Medicaid fraud.
9. For what one thing do you wish you could get a mulligan?
A: I wish I had bought stock in our competitor, America Online, back in 1994.
10. What are the top 1-3 issues that you think will be important in Medicaid during the next 6 months?
A: New Access regulations, new Pharmacy regulations and MMIS modularity
To ensure that you’re in the loop on all things Mostly Medicaid, be sure to sign up to receive our free newsletter, join the discussion on LinkedIn and check out tons of great content at www.mostlymedicaid.com.