Schedule a time to talk
Kris has over eighteen years of behavioral health, health information technology and health policy experience. Kris has lead major state system transformations including planning for Medicaid Transformation, development of new behavioral health treatment standards, service definitions and leading large information technology system implementations. He has worked with community mental health providers, behavioral health county boards, federally qualified health centers, managed care organizations, state and county health departments, safety net hospitals and large health systems to enact meaningful initiatives. Prior to joining HCP, he was Director of Behavioral Health for Germane Solutions and the first Chief Information Officer for the Alabama Department of Mental Health.
- Worked with providers and behavioral health county boards to develop transition strategies and support during a large managed behavioral health carve-in effort in Ohio.
- Assisted behavioral health providers with EHR optimization strategies.
- Developed an insurance strategy for a large county health department in Texas.
- Developed and executed the IT vision and strategy for the Alabama Department of Mental Health, which was named one of the Elite 100 IT organizations in the country by Information Week under his leadership.
- Led development of a strategic plan for implementation of an integrated care pilot project for a Local Managing Entity/Managed Care Organization in North Carolina.
- Led the implementation of a case management and claims processing information system for the Alabama Department of Mental Health – Substance Abuse Services Division that generated an additional $3 million in revenue for the state in the first year by appropriately sending claims for Medicaid-eligible services.
- Wrote a successful $1.6 million HRSA grant for a Health Center Controlled Network managed by the primary care association in Ohio.
- Led Strategic Planning for multiple county boards, community health centers and community behavioral health centers in Ohio, Connecticut, Hawaii and South Carolina.
- Developed the State Health Improvement Plan for the State of Wyoming Department of Health and the Community Health Needs Assessment for Dallas County, Texas.
- Secured and served as the project director for a $9 million federal grant to the State of Alabama for implementing a statewide initiative for the prevention of substance abuse.
- Serves as a grant reviewer for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (Emphasis in Public Policy and Public Administration)
Schedule a time to talk