Vendor Review for Medicaid Vendor Partner Readiness
- Overall Assessment
- Basic Info
- Relevant Leadership Experience
- Brand Perception
- Clarity of Value Proposition
- Funding Model
- NOTE: Limited review due to lack of healthcare unit leadership identified (see Leadership Experience for more information)
- Global information technology firm with limited Medicaid experience. Some focus on large scale tech (ie MMIS replacement and eligibility systems in recent years).
- Recent acquisition by Broadcom suggests even less specialization in healthcare moving forward.
Tech>large scale infrastructure
What they do
Business workflow software for large scale IT projects (MMIS, eligibility systems)
Self-stated value proposition
As healthcare technology and legislation continues to evolve, government healthcare agencies must continuously deliver improved capabilities and services to the citizens they support.
CA Technologies has cutting-edge solutions to help your agency secure, monitor and solve complex issues and bring real benefits to your customers.
1976 (as Computer Associates International)
Estimated @ $4B
Estimated @ 10,000
- No healthcare specific experience identified on leadership team (all assessed as moderate for healthcare by default, limited for Medicare and Medicaid).
- Recommend clarification of US-based healthcare leadership team if engaging as vendor partner for Medicaid solutions
Points Possible: 212
Points Earned: 20.5
Points possible: 95
Points earned: 70
- Molina case study (2014) for MCO solutions
- LA case study (2017) for eligibility systems
- Positive Glassdoor data (3.7 average on more than 3,000 reviews)
- Settlement of whistleblower lawsuit in 2017 related to not providing required discounts in government contracts
Points possible: 60
Points earned: 30
- Solution messaging assessed as driven by buzzwords/vague
- Solution designs not specifically fitted for Medicaid
- Success measurement unclear
Points possible: 50
Points earned: 41
- Operational staff experience rated as extensive (81% have 10+ years experience)
- Product staff experience rated as extensive (67% have 10+ years experience)
- Staffing trends declining in past year. Most likely related to Broadcom acquistion.
- Annual revenue rated as high
Publicly traded prior to Broadcom acquisition in November 2018